Glad Mat festival

Sabi sushi’s glad mat dish

This week there is a few food festivals going on in Stavanger. One og them is called Glad Mat, that litteraly translate to Happy Food. This has been going on for more than 10 years and it’s allways well attended. This year the first two days the weather was really on our side and the stedets of Stavanger was buzzing with life.

Glad mat in the colour street

There are a lot of restrants and caterers that has a stand at this festival and they sell their food and drinks. All of them has to have a small dish for a set price of 30 kr (3€) so that you can taste food from different places.

Lervig one of the local breweries at the festival

One of the largest stands is a beer tent where many small and larger breweries brings a lot of interesting beers. You buy a glass and tokens when you enter and take your glass around and try the beers you want. We tried many good and interesting ones last night and will try a few more today.

20 thoughts on “Glad Mat festival

1. Mabel Kwong says:

I like the translation – Happy Food. It sounds like such a lively festival, and hope those beers hit the spot, and the other ones you tried later also tasted great. I don’t drink beer because my body can’t handle it, but it sounds like a great drink for a lazy weekend 🙂

It is and most of the beers tried was very tasty. We made sure we didn’t try to many because we didn’t want to ruin today. Hope your weekend is treating you well.

2. I love food festivals. The picture of the street at the festival is beautiful. It is so colorful. Are there any special foods that you recommend.

3. That looks like a great event. We have those beer tastings here too, and they are a lot of fun.

4. What a great way to spend the weekend! Good food, friends and free flowing beer for a small price. I love the idea of tasting samples. Some beer has better flavor to me than others. And it’s more fun if you have the party atmosphere of the festival. Looks like the weather held out for you too. Enjoy.

The weather has been mostly good! Tasting different beers is quite interesting, you get to find new favourits and also taste beer that is normaly not easy to find. The weekend is very good to me. Hope the same is true for you.

5. blondieaka says:

All that food and drink sounds amazing 🙂

6. Looks fun, I am partial for my food, no so much to beer! A glass of wine is more my tipple. 🙂

7. We love events like this and would love to go. Love sushi even more!!

8. I LOVE food festivals! But I have to admit, I probably wouldn’t have made it much further than the local brewery shown here;)

9. cassrhb says:

I love your blog !! Would be amazing if you could check mine out x

10. Mette.H.Johansson says: