Goals for 2018

First day of the new year and I must say that it has started quite well. I started the year by going to bed content with a very relaxed and enjoyable night. This morning I slept in a bit as I had decided to start the year on a slow note. I got to devote quite some time to read some blog posts. I must say that I am glad that my goals this year does not include to spend less time just relaxing with a cup of coffee and discovering new posts and bloggers.

I write this post knowing very well that everything is always changing and that what I have decided my goals are for the year at this stage might change. But I will still post this for two very selfish reasons. Firstly I think it might be easier to work against them if I’m not the only one to know about them. And secondly I want to have them up here so I can review them when I want during the year and at the end of the year to see how the year turned out compared to what I wanted it to be.

My goals:

1. I want to sell my apartment and by a new one

I started this process at the end of last year and I really want something to happen on this front hopefully soon. I am not a very patient person when it comes to things like this and I find the whole process quite stressful. I have already found a place I want to buy, but I need to sell before I can buy. The new place will not be on the marked forever so I really hope something will happen soon.

2. I want to move more and eat a bit healthier.

I know that this is a very common goal for a new year, but this year for me I can feel that it is very necessary. As I spent most of the end of last year being sick my body has been trying to tell me that, as soon as I feel better I should resume my walking and eat less junk and more vegetables. I don’t have a goal to loose x kilos or to stop eating everything nice, but a small change is really needed.

3. I want to learn not to bring stress from work home.

I don’t really have a very good plan for this, but I have been researching some methods for this that seems to work for others. I love my job and I get to do a lot of things I want to do and I always get the opportunity to develop. But there are no signs that 2018 will be any less busy than the previous year, so I need to work on my work life balance in the new year.

4. I want to be better at reaching out to friends and family.

I am not the best person to contact my friends and ask them to get up to something. I find that I am more often the one being asked than the one to ask. That is not because I don’t want to hang out with them. But this year I hope to start turning that around. This will also mean that I hope that I will be better at socializing in the new year.

3. Post more

I want to put up more posts on my blog this year than I did last year. I will not make a goal to post every day, because I don’t have that much to blog about and because I know that I would fail on this very fast. This for me is more about setting goals that I can actually reach. I really enjoy being in the blogging world and when I post it makes me feel good. And we should always strive to do more things that makes us happy.

4. Do one nice things for others at least once a week.

This will include random acts of kindness towards strangers and doing nice things for friends and family. I’m not going to limit it to once a week, I always try to help others, but I will use this goal as a reminder that doing something good for others is also good for yourself. I think doing nice things for others could make you a happier person.

So what about you, what are your goals for the next year?

53 thoughts on “Goals for 2018

1. Except for selling my house, my goals for the new year are very close to yours. I especially like the last one. I definitely need to do more to help others. Have a great new year, and best wishes.

2. The best of luck with your goals, Maja. May 2018 be a good year for you. Best wishes, Kevin

3. Sheena D says:

Have a happy year ahead!

A great set of goals and wishing you well with them for next year! I hope it’s easier to sell in Norway than in England…my friend will try with her house again this Spring..fingers crossed. The street with the lights is beautiful and quite magical.

5. jessiecahalin says:

Hapoy New Year! Good luck with your resolutions – simply reflecting on where you want to be is therapeutic.

6. Maddy says:

These are great goals. Best of luck with accomplishing them!

7. Maja, Having set your goals, I am sure you will succeed because you know where you are heading for. Best of luck. Jo

8. C.E.Robinson says:

Great goals, Maja! Best wishes in 2018 on this awesome path. Yep, one of my 2018 goals is to write more and have the first book draft done! Happy New Year! 🎉 Christine

9. Nancy says:

Fabulous goals! Good Luck with selling your place!

10. Sound like wonderful goals. Wishing you all the best in meeting your expectations.

11. sgmart187 says:

Best of luck on your goals! Especially selling your home and moving, that’s always stressful

12. All the best with your goals, its such a positive step isnt it. I love to set goals and plans, it makes me feel motivated. I am totally with you on some of your goals to, especially points 2 and 4. All the best for the new year x

13. Wonderful goals. I like them all and wish you much success, good health and happiness in 2018!

14. Those seem like reasonable and attainable goals. You never know when the buyer you want will turn up. I sold my last house just before Christmas even though it had been on the market since early spring. You just have to see that one person that’s looking for just what you have. They will show up. I’m sure you will do well with all of them. I wrote mine out today as well. Have a good new year.

15. johnrieber says:

I try to post every day as well, across a number of genres, and my goal for 2018 is to reblog other posts more, and you are right – sharing goals will give you more focused, but also it allows others to give you encouragement and compliments for the effort – a dual win!

16. Kimberly says:

Real estate is a stressful issue. People who find the right place at the right time are like lottery winners. It will happen though.
    Have a great New Year!

17. I especially like the last one on your list… 🙂

18. Eli Pacheco says:

Move more, stress less. Write more, spread kindness. I can get on board with that. Writing – and more, reading words of friends like you – is like this proven, wonderful elixir to life I’ve let life render me too busy to enjoy. Not anymore. The best part of blogging is conversation, and I vow to jump into more of it on blogs like yours in 2018!

19. Good for you…and, I’m happy for you…happy that you’ve set realistic goals that will enhance your life and brighten others’ days…I, too, am determined to socialize more and to create a healthier work/life balance. Thanks for sharing, lovely 🙂

20. Wow what goals! I wish you well with all of them!

21. Ross Hunt says:

Good luck with your goals! I don’t really have any for this year

22. Good luck with your goals! I love the random acts of kindness one, it’s such a special thing to do for other people but ultimately you feel good too.