Christmas is coming (from 2014)

Posted this last year, but I still like to listen to these songs to get in the spirit of Christmas.

Christmas is coming, the gifts on the calendar is fewer every day, the shops are full of people with lots of shopping bags. Most of them look stressed. As a very big fan of christmas I do everything I can to avoid stress in this period. I spend time with family and friends, enjoy walking the decorated streets and going in to get a gift or two that is left on the list. I love listening to christmas music and singing along to them. There are many songs I really like to hear before christmas below you can find links to three of the ones I like the most.

The first is in Norwegian, but the lyrics are translated to english as a subtitle :

The second is a really cheesy classic:

And the third is the soundtrack of a lovely film that always gets me in the christmas spirit:

But the weather is acting weird for this time of year. We have a lot of rain, this is not very unusual, but there has bein a lot of hail, thunder and lighting. I refuse to let this take down my spirit and will still meet up with friends, go shopping for the last presents and go to a pre-christmas party this weekend.

18 thoughts on “Christmas is coming (from 2014)

1. The first one is really neat sounding. The language is beautiful.

Happy Holidays. Your heart and your Spirit are in the right place even if the weather isn’t cooperating. Hope the sun shines on your Christmas Day. 🙂

3. masgautsen says:

Reblogged this on The thoughts and life of me and commented:

Shared these songs last year, and thought they would still be good to get you in the spirit this year!

4. Shivangi says:

Wonderful post on Christmas😀

5. Andrea R Huelsenbeck says:

Cheesy as it is, The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole always launches me back to my childhood. Thanks!

6. kritsayvonne says:

Hi, love your music choices. I’ve visited you via Matt at The Book Blogger and I’ll be back! In Kritsa, the village where I live in Crete has a mixed ex pat community including a good number of Scandinavians. Have a fabulous Christmas. X

7. We have a weather quandary of our own for this time of year. Here in Pennsylvania we normally have temperatures in the 40’s during the day with nights around or just below freezing for Christmas. The entire month of December our daily highs have been in the 60’s and now it is raining daily with chances for thunderstorms on Christmas Eve and Day. Very odd. It doesn’t appear to be keeping any people from shopping (ha) but it certainly doesn’t feel like the Holidays weather-wise. Enjoy your Holiday…and that party!

8. jono says:

I would love to see her live. And Elisabeth Andreassen, too.