As you have probably figured out by the headline I’ve been nominated for the Liebester Blog Award! To those of you who does not like these award things you can stop reading now 😉 I feel very honored to be nominated by the wonderful Christine at Before sundown. She is a writer and her posts are both well written and interesting to read, the blog is also filled with beautiful photos! You should really pay her blog a visit, I promise it will be worth your time.
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Liebster Blog Award Rules
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the Liebster Award and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or fewer for the award.
4. Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know you nominated them once you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
6. Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog!
1. Where do you live? Why do you live there?
I live in Stavanger, the 4th largest city in Norway. This is the place I was born and where most of my family lives, so I guess that is as good a reason as any to live somewhere. I also find the city very charming.
2. What is your favorite season of the year?
My favorite season of the year is summer! Every season has its charm, but summer, with its nice sunny weather lots of light and time for a break from work. What’s not to love?
3. What have you learned about yourself recently?
I have recently learned, or maybe re-learned that I don’t deal well with stress when it comes from many different places. If I’m only busy on a few fronts I’m happy as a clam but add a few other areas of life with much to do at the same time and I simply don’t handle it as gracefully as I hoped.
4. Describe a happy memory from your childhood.
I am lucky to have many happy memories from my childhood. Running around playing with my friends, going to the beach on summer days and building snowmen when the snow came going in afterwards to drink hot chocolate. I cherish them all but I can’t manage to choose one from the many.
5. What is the best book you’ve read recently?
Recently I must admit I have not read any books. Shocking, yes! I have simply been too busy to find the time for reading. I find this very sad, but hopefully I’ll be back to reading again soon. I have high hopes for the books Us by David Nicholls and Bill Brysons One Summer.
6. If someone were to make a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you? What genre would best characterize your movie? (Of course it’s a repeat favorite question).
I would want to be played by Jenifer Lawrance. For the simple fact that I think she is an amazing actress. I think the genre would have to be a typical YA movie, but ask me again in a few years and the answer might be entirely different.
7. If you could live in another time, what time would that be?
I don’t really know. While there are many aspects of the times past that are appealing there are also aspects of them I don’t want to be a part of. So I guess my choice would have to fall on sometime in the future. I must admit I’m quite curious about how it will turn out to be in a hundred years’ time.
8. If you could be an animal, what animal would that be and why?
I would like to be a golden retriever (hopefully one with nice owners). I don’t really have a good reason and I’ve never really had a dream or wish to be anything but a human being.
9. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I had a blog when I was younger, but I stopped writing it. A year ago I decided I missed blogging, because most of the time I find it very therapeutic. After I started I
10. Where do you find inspiration for what you write?
Everywhere! Sounds like the worst cliché ever, but it’s actually true. One never knows what little ting might trigger that weird little thing called inspiration.
11. What is your blog theme (or more than one), stories, photography, books or poems? Why did you choose that blog title?
The theme of my blog is that I write about whatever I feel like writing about, so I guess my theme is the same as the title of my blog. It’s a blog about my thoughts and my life, at least the parts I feel like writing about. I decided to name my blog the thoughts and life of me because that was the thing I wanted to wright about and I felt that it would be an informative title.
Now for my nominations.
Let me first apologize for not having 11 nominees. I do however have some and I think they are good. Some of them might have more than the 200 followers the rules state they should have and some of them might have been nominated before. I want to say that I don’t want any of you to feel pressured in to accepting this award, I will not be in any way offended should you choose to simply ignore this nomination. For me it’s just a way of saying I enjoy reading what you write.
A trueborn writer/ whatever the heart desires
My 11 questions for the nominees
1. Can you describe yourself with 10 words?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Where do you live and how did you come to live there?
4. What is your favorite time of day and why?
5. Who would you choose to write the book about you?
6. What did you want to be when you were young?
7. What do you consider to be your biggest achievement to date?
8. What is your all-time favorite read?
9. Who has inspired you the most?
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
11. What do you find is the most rewarding thing about blogging?