Coffee berry

Coffee berry

Coffee berry

As many of you have probably figured out I’m a coffee person. I need my coffee in the morning and I love a nice cup of coffee during the day. As a treat we went out for one of the newest coffee place in Stavanger, Coffee Berry a few day ago. It’s a very cosy place with furniture and atmosphere from a home in the 60-70’s. They have very good coffee and they do nice little cakes and treats. They also have a few Norwegian “smørbrød” (open-faced sandwiches). I tried some of the macaroons in the colours of the Norwegian flag and my better half had a raspberry cake.

Sweet little treats

Sweet little treats

I really like the beads on the candle holders, the 70’s patterns on the plates. Not to mention the phones in the first photo, and the phone furniture they are standing on. I have a suspicion that many of the kids today would not know what those were used for and are wondering why the phones have cords on them even when it looks like they’re not charging.

We have a lot of new coffee places opening in Stavanger at the moment. Starbucks is opening a shop in Stavanger after having searched for a goo spot to open up since they opened their first shop in Norway in 2012. So these are good times to be a coffee lover in Stavanger if you like to have many options to choose from. Having a coffee at a coffee place isn’t very cheap in Norway so going out to have a cup isn’t something I can afford as often as I’d like, but I do like to treat myself from time to time.

27 thoughts on “Coffee berry

1. Jack Eason says:

It sounds like you two had fun Mas 😉

2. Allie P. says:

What a neat find! I used to spend hours upon hours in coffee shops. Now I tend to fill a travel mug with home brew, but it’s always nice to relax in a shop when I have the time.

I love spending time in coffee shops. I used to write my best papers in them when I was in university. Travel mugs are really good I use them a lot!

3. Wow! What a flashback. Funny, I was never fond of the 70’s decor but it’s interesting to drop by it for a visit. I think I love the shabby chic Victorian look. Just born a few decades too late. Coffee shops are quite nice to spend time in. Once a week, I like to go to one and sit and write. A change of view gives a change of perspective. I take a paper notebook and float away on refillable coffee in my favorite place. Places like Starbucks you pay for each cup. Too costly. How did you like the macaroons? Loved the colors.

4. That sound a good find, Maja. Much better than Starbucks, I would think! I am now a fan of Baresso in Denmark…

I love little coffee places. We recently had a place open in our town and it is so nice to have a change from the larger shops.

It looks comfy and relaxed. I like that. Sometimes Starbucks is a bit too “trendy” for me so I like these little independent shops more.

7. Ellen Hawley says:

One thing I miss, living in a small village, is coffee shops. And I don’t mean the sleek chains, I mean the one-of-a-kind places that don’t mind if, during off hours, I parked myself in a corner and wrote for an hour or two over a cup of tea and something sweet.

It’s very nice to sit in one of those to write if the coffee/tea is good and the staff nice. Sometimes you need to have people around you to be inspired even if you don’t interact with them it helps to be out and about at times.