Summer Vacation Time!

Looking forward to enjoying food like this is Italy!

Looking forward to enjoying food like this is Italy!

It’s soon time for me to go on a summer vacation. This year I’m off to Tuscany Italy. A good friend of mine is getting married down there and we’re starting the vacation by attending. I’m really looking forward to enjoying the nice weather, lovely food, wine, good friends and warm sunny weather. After that we’re staying some time just relaxing just seeing what the days will bring of goodness. Warmth, sun, and relaxing is so needed right now.The flight doesn’t leave until Thursday evening, but I’ve been looking forward to this for so long I’ve been ready for quite some time and I’ve gone into holiday mode even it I still have a few days left at work. I’ve always wanted to go to Italy but I have never been there before now, so I’m extra excited about going. Especially since I have some ancestors that was from Italy.

So this weekend was supposed to be used for washing clothes and tidying the apartment, but it’s a slow process. Last night I was out with a friend for a few beers and enjoyed the fact that the temperature is finally getting comfortable here in the cold north. And as I am in vacation mode things are going quite slowly and I like it!

20 thoughts on “Summer Vacation Time!

1. What a wonderful event to plan a vacation around! I hope you will be able to share some photos. A wedding in Tuscany? I’m sure it will be glorious. Hugs.

2. Wishing you a wonderful vacation! Kevin

3. hsampson says:

Grazie for sharing and enjoy the Sun and the Pasta!

4. I am so envious. I have always wanted to visit there since I saw the movie, Under the Tuscan Sun. I know you are looking forward to warmer weather. We have it here. Today was only 100 degrees or 37.c Saturday of next week we get 108 (42.2c) for our 4th of July celebration. I don’t think anyone will be going out. I’m almost ready to see winter again. πŸ™‚ Have a wonderful time and take some photos of yourself enjoying.

It sounds like you have temperatures that require to take things slow and do as little as possible! Those temperatures are good for going on vacation, but a bit impractical if you have things you need to do! Hope you’re having a lovely weekend even if it’s quite warm.

• We plan our day accordingly. We are breaking records with the length of the heat wave as well. It’s kind of scary. Do have a wonderful time in Tuscany. I’ll be thinking of you.

I’ll send good thoughts to you from the Tuscan sun! Hope the temperature will get back to normal soon.

5. Sandeep says:

Have a wonderful vacation and do share your experience later. πŸ™‚

6. Wishing you a great holiday. I look forward to reading all about it and seeing the photos. Have a great time.

Wishing you a wonderful time in Tuscany – you’ll love it – a most beautiful part of Italy. The wedding should be truly magical. I spent a week in Florence and was sorely tempted to skip the flight home and stay. So much to see there alone, if you go to the Uffizi be early or late. We went late and had the museum nearly to ourselves, amazing. San Gingnamo is supposed to be fantastic…I could go on and on about this blissful area. Enjoy:-))

8. Allie P. says:

My taste buds are still spoiled by the food I ate in Italy. Enjoy and pack baggy clothes for the return trip home.