The edible town party

At the same time as the Glad Mat festival that I wrote about, there is another festival called the edible town party going on around 1,5 kilometer away. This is a good festival with a few food trucks and a few resturant seeing food outside. The focus here is to eat nice food and relax.

I visited the festival with a blanket to sit on and a book. There is more room here as there is a large area to sit and enjoy. This is a bit more family friendly and you can even bring your own food should you want. I didn’t join in the free yoga lessons and I was too old to get my face painted, but lying down in the grass, by the sea with a good book and good beer is quite a good way to spend an afternoon.

This festival is in an up and comming part og town where they have built a lot of new small parks in between old renovated industry buildings and luckily for me it’s not to far from where I live.

The weather has continued to impress this weekend and today I took the opportunity to go to the beach and have a swim.

28 thoughts on “The edible town party

1. stevetanham says:

Sounds like a lovely and ‘mellow’ day.

2. Relax, food, beer. I could get into this.

3. That sea view was really impressive and looks like a lovely place to set and watch people. My favorite thing to do with food and drink. 🙂 That weather looks absolutely perfect! Food trucks are quite the thing here too.

4. jono51 says:

A lovely way to make the best of a Norwegian summer day.

5. I imagine the summer days are long ones there. Enjoy!

6. I love it when empty areas are rebuilt into community spaces and used for gatherings, events, and festivals. Looks like great weather and fun.

7. Ritu says:

Where food is involved it will always be good!!!

8. Sounds like a great day and a fab festival. Hope the food was yummy. Looks so sunny and summery

9. Phil Taylor says:

Nice! There’s nothing better than a good outdoor food festival on a nice day. Great pics!

10. Isn’t it great when communities get together, and who doesn’t enjoy eating out in the open!. I also love how the UK does the big breakfasts, as a way to fundraise for the community hall etc

11. It is a great name. Love it!

12. angelanoelauthor says:

I don’t think you’re ever too old to get your face painted. 🙂 Sounds like a fun time.

13. Lisa Orchard says:

What an awesome way to relax. I love food festivals. Thanks for sharing!

14. gemmaorton says:

Perfect weather and tasty food, sounds like a great day to me. I love food festivals. A great chance to try something new.