The edible town party

At the same time as the Glad Mat festival that I wrote about, there is another festival called the edible town party going on around 1,5 kilometer away. This is a good festival with a few food trucks and a few resturant seeing food outside. The focus here is to eat nice food and relax.

I visited the festival with a blanket to sit on and a book. There is more room here as there is a large area to sit and enjoy. This is a bit more family friendly and you can even bring your own food should you want. I didn’t join in the free yoga lessons and I was too old to get my face painted, but lying down in the grass, by the sea with a good book and good beer is quite a good way to spend an afternoon.

This festival is in an up and comming part og town where they have built a lot of new small parks in between old renovated industry buildings and luckily for me it’s not to far from where I live.

The weather has continued to impress this weekend and today I took the opportunity to go to the beach and have a swim.

29 thoughts on “The edible town party

1. stevetanham says:

Sounds like a lovely and ‘mellow’ day.

2. Relax, food, beer. I could get into this.

3. That sea view was really impressive and looks like a lovely place to set and watch people. My favorite thing to do with food and drink. 🙂 That weather looks absolutely perfect! Food trucks are quite the thing here too.

4. jono51 says:

A lovely way to make the best of a Norwegian summer day.

5. I imagine the summer days are long ones there. Enjoy!

6. I love it when empty areas are rebuilt into community spaces and used for gatherings, events, and festivals. Looks like great weather and fun.

7. Ritu says:

Where food is involved it will always be good!!!

8. Sounds like a great day and a fab festival. Hope the food was yummy. Looks so sunny and summery

9. Phil Taylor says:

Nice! There’s nothing better than a good outdoor food festival on a nice day. Great pics!

10. Isn’t it great when communities get together, and who doesn’t enjoy eating out in the open!. I also love how the UK does the big breakfasts, as a way to fundraise for the community hall etc

11. It is a great name. Love it!

12. angelanoelauthor says:

I don’t think you’re ever too old to get your face painted. 🙂 Sounds like a fun time.

13. Lisa Orchard says:

What an awesome way to relax. I love food festivals. Thanks for sharing!

14. gemmaorton says:

Perfect weather and tasty food, sounds like a great day to me. I love food festivals. A great chance to try something new.

15. […] in the last years and I find it a very enjoyable part of town. They have events there like The edible town party and it’s where the Food Hall In Stavanger was opened. The last one was closed but has now […]