My weekend

Last week I wasn’t feeling too well and had to stay in bed for a couple of days with a fever. So this weekend I did not have much planned a part from relaxing and sleeping. But then came Friday and a friend of mine was going in to town and asked if we could meet up for a curry and a beer. She had a ferry to reach at ten o’clock so I thought I might as well be a little social this weekend even if I was not up for a big party. We had a nice evening but by the time I came home I was very tired and went straight to bed.

On Saturday I actually managed to sleep in a bit and I did some much needed tidying up in the apartment and ran some errands. In the evening another friend asked if I wanted to come to the movies with her and after the film we went out for a couple of drinks at a friends cocktail bar. The movie was good and the company and drinks was excellent. But once again I managed to be sensible and get home quite early so I didn’t ruin the next day.

Sunday was very Sunday-like. I stayed in read some blog posts, participated in #Sundayblogshare. I continued cleaning my apartment and have finally begun some much needed de-cluttering work. Today, Monday I woke up at 03.30, so I imagine this day will end earlier than planned, but I hope I will be a good girl and continue the work I started over the weekend this week.

Hope you all had a weekend as good as mine.

42 thoughts on “My weekend

1. Mabel Kwong says:

Hope you are feeling even more better. Good to hear you are well enough to catch up and do a few things. Have a good week 🙂

2. ksbeth says:

i’m glad to hear that you were able to have a good weekend in spite of all –

3. Ben Aqiba says:

I hope you are fine now !

As tempting as it is to go running on your weekend you did good by modifying your time between enjoyment and resting. Feel better soon.

5. The change of seasons put many of us under the weather a bit. I’m having to adjust to the shorter days and longer dark nights by sleeping a bit more too. I’m sorry you came down with a fever though and got enough rest to get out a little and enjoy your weekend. Hope your weeks goes well. Keep feeling better too.

6. amommasview says:

Hope you are feeling all good again.

7. nattaproblem says:

Those autumn leaves…so nice!

8. Ritu says:

Hope you are feeling much much better now!

9. Claire Wong says:

Get well soon! And enjoy those gorgeous autumn colours

10. Glad to hear you’re feeling better, Maja. Hope this weekend is a lovely one! Sue x via The Suzie Speaks Blog Party

11. There are very few things as lovely as a tree in autumn with its leaves yellow and ready to fall.

Thanks for this!

12. willowdot21 says:

Hi, I do hope you have had a good week. It sounds like you had a good weekend! I miss being free to just drop things go off out with friends! Of course l could do it but it just needs a little more organisation. Well stay well and enjoy this weekend too.😀🌹

13. Phil Taylor says:

I hope I have as nice a weekend this weekend as you did last weekend! Hope you’re back to feeling well!

14. sounds like a great weekend. I enjoy one-on-one and not a late night. Friend and I get together every so often on a Saturday afternoon which is great as home early and not exhausted on Sunday. Good balance.

15. arv! says:

Giving yourself some time and relaxing surely helps. Hope you are doing better now

16. Gary says:

Bah, Illness is not what you want so its good to hear you’re feeling better now. That said, it sounds like it could be a good weekend given the circumstances. Loving that autumnal tree too; Nature can be really impressive at this time of year!

It really can be impressive. This weekend is a quiet one too, but nice. Hope yours is treating you well!

• Gary says:

Totally agree! I have mixed feelings in autumn. I love the season, but it rolls into winter and I’m not a fan of short days, low light levels and grey skies. I think it triggers SAD. Mind you I really look foreword to spring so in that respect winter serves a purpose! This weekend is quiet, but like you say, nice too 🙂

You are right about the season! I do prefer the long bright days and I always find I have less energy as the days grow shorter. But when spring commes it is such a wonderful feeling.

17. Some of the best outings are those that are last minute! Hope you are feeling better and that this weekend is fab!

18. Anindya says:

Happy weekend to you….:)….great to know your weekend is going through well with all those meet ups and socializing…:)…..I have devoted this weekend to blogging and my new home theater….:)

19. Lisa Orchard says:

I’m spending my time writing this weekend. It sounds like yours is going well and I’m glad to hear you’re feeling much better. Being sick is the worst. I always feel like I’m wasting time.