Almost Christmas

Last week there was a bit of snow

It’s almost Christmas again, and as some of you might know I am a big fan of Christmas. And I have a lot of things that I love doing in the month of December. This year I have, so far, not been able to do it all. This due to the fact that I came down with a really bad case of the flu at the beginning of the month. This still has me feeling off and I can’t really do too much before I get really tired.

But I was able to attend the lighting of the Christmas tree in town with my family. I have gone to this event every time I had the opportunity ever since I was a child and it always helps put me in the Christmas spirit. And I was lucky enough to be able to attend a lovely Christmas  concert that really put me in the Christmas spirit (it was a lovely concert, but some of the spirit might have come from the fever).

20171211_174043367063954.jpg

Wonderful Christmas concert with Helene Bøksle at a church

I have also been able to join my family in our yearly tradition of baking Christmas cookies together. And I have gotten most of the Christmas presents when I went shopping one day with my mother and one with my brother. The two of us managed to buy 7 gifts in under an hour as we decided to go shopping just as the stores had opened, so it was before the biggest rush of people kicked in.

Today I’m getting together with members of my family to eat dinner, make marzipan and watch the finals of the Woman’s Handball World Championship where we hope Norway will win over France.

20171203_154337523534555.jpg

Fudge Hot Chocolate is very nice on a cold winter day

37 thoughts on “Almost Christmas

1. etinkerbell says:

Merry Christmas!🎄🙋

2. Have a wonderful Christmas Maja and I hope that the flu is soon completely gone from your system. Very best wishes, Kevin

Maja, wonderful photos and lovely enthusiasm for Christmas! I share your love for the season..snow makes it extra special. Going to bake pepperkakor with my mother and son today -can’t wait! God Jul till dej och din familj! 🎄😀

4. Mabel Kwong says:

Hope you have a lovely Christmas, Maja. Feel better soon! Maybe you need another cup of hot fudge chocolate to get better 🙂

5. Wow, you couldn’t even see those cars in that picture. Merry Christmas Maja, hope you have a wonderful one. 🙂

6. Looks like you’re off to a fantastic start. Merry Christmas!

7. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! The hot chocolate goods good!

8. Jennifer says:

You’ve certainly gotten a lot done despite being sick! Have a Merry Christmas.

9. That hot chocolate looks beautiful!! Happy Christmas!!

10. Losing the Plot says:

Gosh, hope you feel better soon – and good luck with the handball!

11. C.E.Robinson says:

Merry Christmas, Maja! The photos are lovely. 🎄🎄🎄Christine

12. Merry Christmas, Maja. Shopping in the early hours is the only way I do it and make sure it’s a weekday not the weekend. Not much shopping going on here anymore but it’s fun to see everyone out shopping for others. My mother always loved Marzipan but I never thought of trying to make it myself! I’ll have to look it up. I can only handle it in small amounts. I usually bake a lot for Christmas but not so much as I’ve gotten older and no little ones to eat it. I give lots away for gifts though.
    Is that white chocolate shaved over your hot chocolate? Looks yummy. Have a wonderful holiday.

I don’t know what it is shaved over the hot chocolate, but it could very well be gold coloured white chocolate. It tasted that way. Hope the Christmas spirit has found It’s way to you Marlene.

13. My mother used to make marzipan at Christmas–a favorite holiday tradition. At this time of year, I miss so very many things my dear mother did to make Christmas special. I hope you will be feeling better very soon. Merry Christmas wishes to you and your family.

14. Helen Jones says:

Beautiful photos, Maja! Wishing you a merry Christmas, and hope you’re feeling better now 🙂

15. Carol says:

Merry Christmas 🙂

16. Thank you for painting such a lovely word-picture…you warmed my heart this wintry day; and I’m especially glad you were able to recover in time to enjoy the festivities 🙂