La Pievanella

The main house

The main house

The wedding was held at an olive farm that is redone to be a  wonderful place for spending a holiday.

The second house

The second house

There was two houses with lovely big rooms and nice bathrooms. The only draw back was the fact that it had no air condition and there was around 40 degrees when we where staying there.

The view at breakfast

The view at breakfast

The staff was very kind and helpful and the food we got was lovely. I must say I’m very partial to the Italian kitchen. All the food and wine served at our stay was supplied from the farms in the area.

The pool

The pool

The house had a wonderful pool where you could cool down and enjoy the sunshine and the pool area had nice sun beds and it was built so that you could find some shade should you wish to get out of the sun.

Garden with tennis court

Garden with tennis court

There was an option to use the tennis court and the boccia court, but due to the heat I opted out. Some of the other guest decided to make use of them in spite of the heat.

29 thoughts on “La Pievanella

1. Looks like a wonderful place.

2. hsampson says:

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos and experiences, ISSN glad to know your had a wonderful time there!

3. At least you got the warm and sunshine you were looking for when you went. I love the look of the countryside. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks like a lovely place for a vacation and a wedding. Glad you had a good time.

Yes I did and I really enjoyed the sun. I’m off to our summer house today and it looks like we might get some more sunshine! Glad you likes the photos. Thank you for visiting.

4. What a wonderful place (except for the lack of air conditioning!). I’m glad you shared the photos. Hugs!

5. Zambian Lady says:

Seems like you had a great time. I can’t, though, believe that someone would play tennis or anything else in 40 degree weather! They really must be tough tested.

6. blondieaka says:

What a lovely house and very pretty 🙂

What lovely photos! You always have such exciting and interesting destinations. Its all sounds so exotic and exciting and so far away from my little corner of the world. I always appreciate your sharing of your adventures. It’s certainly gives me a taste of a world I may never see. You did such a nice job of describing everything. I certainly enjoyed your postY

8. Wow! Look at that, eh? I’m jealous of the food!

9. nolanwrites says:

Hello, I’m here from Suzie’s party…this looks amazing!

Thank you, it was amazing to be there. Glad you found your way over from Suzie, I found you blog an a lot of other good ones. I’ll be sure to keep hanging out at her party!

10. This looks beautiful! I would like to see more of Italy

11. greg1948 says:

A Norwegian writing a blog about a visit to Italy in English is not what I was expecting. No language challenge for me here today! Nice photos and narrative.

Ooks like a beautiful setting for a wedding..

13. HI

I popped by to say thank you for your likes, that was about an hour ago and I haven’t left yet. Love your blog