Waiting is not my strong suit!

What I saw when stopping to stretch my back when I was out picking blueberries.

What I saw when stopping to stretch my back when I was out picking blueberries.

As I mentioned a little over a week ago I had two job interviews last week. I was quite neutral after both interviews. Left with a feeling that it could go either way. But it is really after you come out the real challenge begins. You have currently done all you can and all you can do now is to wait.

Waiting is not something I’m not very good at. I probably should be by now as I have an extreme aversion against being late for anything and always turn up early. Having a lot of friends that is chronically late I have waited a lot in my life. I still haven’t gotten very good at it. At all. In any way. But sometimes it’s all you can do. And so you just have to do what you can to keep yourself going out of your mind.

Red and yellow roses from the garden!

Red and yellow roses from the garden!

So this weekend I went over to my parents to hear about their vacation on Friday and then I went in to our summer-house on Saturday and spent two lovely warm, but extremely wet days. I picked a lot of blueberries and read a bit, spent some time with family and was updated by the neighbours on what had happened lately.

Now I’m back at work and back waiting to hear anything from any of the two jobs I was interviewed for. Whether it is good news or bad I’m very ready for some news so I can move forward in one way or another.

69 thoughts on “Waiting is not my strong suit!

1. swo8 says:

Hang in there the right job will come up for you.
    Leslie

Thank you! I have faith it will show up at one point, but the limbo land you live in when you’ve done what you can and you’re just waiting for a reply is something I don’t handle to well.

• swo8 says:

It isn’t easy in the work world today. Don’t take it personally if you don’t get one of those jobs. Sometimes it’s a blessing.
        Leslie

I feel really lucky to even be taken in for an interview as there are between 200-300 applicants for the two positions an I’m one of the few selected they wanted to interview. It’s all good practice!

• swo8 says:

It is all good practice for sure.
        Leslie

2. Anna says:

Waiting is pain. Good luck!

3. Wishing you all the best. Some waiting is easier than others. This is nerve wracking to wait for a call back on a job.

4. jono51 says:

Don’t forget to follow up and remind them that you are still interested in their position. Unless, of course, you aren’t.

5. Good luck Maja. I’ve been trying to get a different job, one that will let me relocate back “out west”… I’ve been trying for quite some time, so I know the different things you feel with your search. Wishing you the very best. Hugs.

It’s not easy, but I don’t think these things are meant to be. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope the right thing will come along for the both of us. In the mean time we just have to wait….. and wait…. πŸ˜‰

6. The best of luck with the results of your job interviews Maja. Kindest regards. Kevin

7. blondieaka says:

Me neither don’t do waiting πŸ™‚ But good luck and hope you find the job you want πŸ™‚

8. dray0308 says:

I hope you receive good news!!

9. hsampson says:

Wonderful View!!
    Good luck with those interviews. Learning to wait is something most of us have to keep learning constantly!

10. I don’t wait well either. Nor do I like to wait for the chronically tardy friend. No patience with that at all. My daughter looked for work for a very long time. She turned down two because she knew she would hate them and wish she had a different job. She turned down the one she has originally. When I heard the company name, I told her to take it because they would be taking her places. You know that feeling where the hairs on your arms stand up? She’s been there over a year now and already had the opportunity to travel for the company. She is so happy with this job it’s almost scary. I hope you find one that makes you feel that way. Don’t wait anymore. Pick the one you really want and in your mind get ready each morning to go there and see yourself doing that job like you already have it. Pretend till it’s real. Waiting will push it further away. It’s an old trick but if you are really good at pretend, it might work for you. Just a thought to try and help. πŸ™‚

11. BunKaryudo says:

Good luck! I hope you get a job that you love. It makes life so much easier. I’ve heard. πŸ™‚

12. Phil Taylor says:

Good luck! I hope you’ll let us know about the jobs as soon as you know!

13. Phil Taylor says:

Did you mention your blog? I’m sure they’d hire you if they know you’re a blogger!

14. Zambian Lady says:

I hope you are offered the job you wish for most.

15. Allie P. says:

Good luck! I hate waiting too.

16. I hate waiting with a passion, Good lukc with the jobs.

And thank you for popping back to my blog and liking another post

Patience is so hard-especially when it is something so important as this! Hang in there. Hugs!

18. livelytwist says:

Yes, waiting is difficult. I hope you hear from them soon and you’re happy with the outcome.

19. greg1948 says:

I did not read all the comments above as there were too many, but, what if you get both jobs! Then you must pick the correct job! It is not so easy as it sounds. I hope this is your new problem!

I like the look of both jobs, but if I should be so lucky that I get to make the choice I know the one I would prefere. I don’t have to think about that just yet as all I have heard from the two is that they’re working on the decision!

20. You obviously have what they are looking for as it is tough enough to get an interview these days.. and you have had two..I hope it works out for you.. if they do not offer you the job then it might be a good idea to ask why.. I was often turned down after interviews and I found out some new ways to showcase my resume and also to tailor my interview in a slightly different way the next time. Most of the time today however it is just that there are so many applicants who would be a great fit but there is only the one job.. Good luck and hope to hear good news from you next week. best wishes Sally

Thank you very much! I always ask why if I don’t get a Job as I hope to learn, but it’s usually down to someone having more experience. But it’s good to ask and they keep you in mind for another time 😊

21. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
    I want to introduce you all to The Thoughts and Life of Me!

22. Ellen Hawley says:

I hate that sort of waiting. It makes me want to call up and demand a response, even if that guarantees that it’ll be no.

23. Hope it’s good news πŸ˜‰

24. I feel the same exact way. good blog…lol

25. Aryan says:

Best of luck! πŸ™‚ Some people are very patient in waiting though…only wish I can be like them, haha. Cheers!

Waiting is not fun at the best of times but for occasions like this you think they could let you know asap. Best of luck and I’ll look out to see how it went for you. A lot of my friends are doing the interview rounds here in the UK (often re-applying for jobs during restructures of companies) and its very difficult. God idea about escaping for the a couple of days to your parents and hope it helped.The blueberries are so tasty this year – we had them every day for the last weeks.

They are very tasty! I hope there are some left this weekend as I’m going back to the summer-house to look for them. I’m still waiting and I haven’t gotten any better at it!

• Annika Perry says:

There seems to have been an abundance of blueberries this year, so hope you find loads. I’m rubbish at waiting (always be early myself for meetings etc) so don’t know how to help. If I’m going up the wall with impatience I usually attack the cleaning / clearing out with extra vigour! Fingers crossed you get some news soon.

There were a lot of blueberries this year ☺ just hope they’re not past their prime. I hope I get some news soon. But I’d rather wait and get a positive answer then be told at once that I won’t get any of them. At least I do when I call down and think rationally.

Wishing you all the best for your job search.

28. Oh my, I’m exactly the same! If I haven’t got something to read, I breathe fire. πŸ™‚

29. […] it looks very much like my waiting, that I have been complaining so much about in previous posts, is soon coming to an end! I was in such a cheerful mood monday evening that I decided to go out […]

30. […] the job I most wanted of all the ones I have applied for! I have been waiting for news on this for quite some time and as I accepted their offer I can’t say what emotion was stronger, happiness from getting […]