Christmas is comming

The Christmas season is soon upon us. This Sunday it’s the first Sunday of Advent and for me that is when Christmas kicks off. I have bought a couple of presents that I’m going to send in the post and I’ve recieved a Christmas calendar from my Mum.  But I’m waiting with most stuff till after Sunday to try my best to contain Christmas to a limited period.

Christmas is for me a busy, but wonderful time of year. Filled with wonders and kindness, family and friends.

I wish to say Happy Thanksgiving  to all my American friends and hope the week is good to everyone.

25 thoughts on “Christmas is comming

Have you got your advent candles ready? Do you have a star in the window? I’m ready on both counts and just filling the homemade advent calendar with sweets for my son. Hopefully my mother won’t forget to buy me an advent calendar! wishing you a good rest of the week too. 😀

I have my candles in a drawer ready to take out on Sunday. No star in the window. Your son is a lucky boy.

• Annika Perry says:

Oh, he is but I’m really the lucky one with such a son in my life! The poor lad is home ill today – he got freezing cold on a school trip to London last week and then weeks of non-stop tests taking their toll. I wonder if the pressure is so heavy in Norway; I think in Sweden the schools try to relieve the stress of exams within schools?

Poor lad. Hope he feels better soon. I think the Norwegian systemet is quite like the Swedish

2. I also love Christmas but, like you try to contain it within a limited period. One of the pubs near to me has had tinsel hanging from the bar for over a week now which, although nice is rather early!
    I am reminded of an old rhyme,
    “Christmas is coming. The goose is getting fat. Who will put a penny in the old man’s hat. If you haven’t got a penny then a hapenny will do. If you haven’t got a hapenny then god bless you”!
    Good luck with the Christmas shopping! Kevin

3. jono says:

Have a happy season waiting for the return of the light!

4. Allie P. says:

You are on top of things. I haven’t even started my shopping.

5. GP Cox says:

Christmas is coming? Don’t tell that to this turkey!!

6. Woo hoo! It’s my favorite time of the year. You just reminded me that I forgot to give the chocolate advent calendars to my young guests at Thanksgiving dinner. I was so busy and harried, that it totally slipped my mind. I no longer have an advent wreath. Got lost in one of my many moves. But I know I must step up my pace now to get it all done in time. Wishing you the best holiday season ever.

I trust you Thanksgiving was a good one? Getting ready for Christmas is nice if you manage to enjoy instead of stressing with it. May your holiday season be amazing too!

7. amommasview says:

I’m looking forward to Christmas and just put up our tree…

8. I haven’t had Advent candles out in years as my kiddos were too little. But now I am inspired to break them back out. You are correct they really help set the tone for the season. 🙂

9. Cheyanne says:

Merry Christmas season to you! 🙂

10. Helen Jones says:

Your Christmas sounds lovely, and just as it should be ‘filled with wonders and kindness, family and friends.’ Hope it’s a good one for you 🙂 And I love your photo too.