Awards

I’ve been nominated for quite some awards that I have failed to respond to. I feel honoured every time someone nominates me. I just can’t seem to be able to do this award thing and I have therefore decided to give awards a miss on this blog. I want all the people nominating me to know have appreciated the nominations that you have sent my way and that the reason I have not responded to any of them is not do to any ill will on my part. I’m just not very good with them.

I’ve also had the hounor of being put an a great list! Check out lifestyle links at it’s good to be crazy sometimes:

Hope you’re all enjoying the weekend!

38 thoughts on “Awards

1. Elm says:

Well, you deserve all of those awards! I know what you mean about not accepting them, though.

2. I understand…I did the same this year. ☺ I just never played by the rules with those nominations. πŸ’—

I think you’ll find many feel the same but at the same time you don’t want to hurt others feelings. Don’t worry, we all understand – I have kindly been nominated for various ones and keep meaning to reciprocate but I am aware that many have a no awards policy and also it can be quite time consuming etc. it’s lovely to know people enjoy the blog etc but that comes across in the comments I find. Wishing you a good weekend, πŸ˜€ Any more rehearsals?

4. Jack Eason says:

I’ve never seen the sense in these so-called ‘awards’ unless they prove beneficial to the recipient. As far as I can make out they’re nothing more or less than blogger backslapping. What’s the point?

5. Congrats on the awards πŸ™‚ They do become overwhelming after a while. I just went awards-free. Not that I don’t appreciate all the kind mentions, but I just couldn’t keep up and felt bad about it. Have a great weekend πŸ™‚

6. I so understand what you mean. I finally put (with my son’s help) a notation on my sidebar that mine was an award free blog. I had turned down or ignored many. It’s like a giant chain letter that has to keep going. I like to bring attention to really good blogs on occasion by putting a link in my post to them. You can check them out without making them do all the work involved accepting awards. We write these blogs because we love the connection, not the adulation. I will usually reply to the person who nominated me with a thank you but no thanks. It’s like tag, you’re it, when you get nominated.

7. Congratulations! Enjoy your weekend too!

8. Congratulations and thank you for the link πŸ™‚

9. Allie P. says:

I am happy you are getting the recognition you deserve. I had to limit the award thing too. It’s a fantastic honor, but a lot of work.

10. C.E.Robinson says:

Mas, so many bloggers share your plight about awards! They are wonderful recognition and support at the beginning of a blogging career, but become distractions to writing books with the time consuming work involved. Enjoy your music life and blog when you can. Your tried and true followers will be there for you. Happy Weekend! Elizabeth (aka Chryssa or Christine)

11. I am not too cynical, and think that more often than not, they are given to show the giver likes your blog. It does take time to answer all the questions, many of which, as a private cat, I do not like to answer. Many sound like bank password questions! I also hate having to pass awards on to five blogs or more I like. It is like a chain letter! A “no awards” graphic on the sidebar would be a good thing, so no one misunderstands, and you only have to write this once!

I have to agree with Marlene and many other of your commenters. It is nice be recognized by your blogging community but I think most appreciated are the comments and and an occasional mention of bloggers you follow or are followed by. This works both ways, of course. However, that being said, congratulating you on your awards and such a lovely blog.

13. Understand your decision. I sometimes nominate award free blog without the expectation that the person will act on it..they are a great way for me to remember to give back the love I get —

14. thatssojacob says:

Hey there! Just browsing around the blogosphere, finding some fun and interesting blogs to follow to make some new friends in 2016. If you like, hop on over to my world at http://www.thatssojacob.wordpress.com, and if you see anything you like, comment or follow! Have a great day and happy new year!

15. Thank you so much for the mention πŸ™‚

16. Anna says:

I totally understand. I did get lots of awards and nominations last year and I never had the time to answer them. But in the end of the year I did a search in the comments and collected all award links and did an answer to all of them in the same post. A lot of questions were the same so I could combine answers from different awards. I leaved links to all those bloggers who had give me awards and nominations in that post and I did open for anyone to answer the challenge instead of pick a few specific blogs. I broked award rules of course, but I did answer πŸ™‚