Weekend in Bergen

Those of you that has read my previous posts will know that I spent last weekend in the lovely city of Bergen. I went up with my band to participate in the Norwegian National Brass Band Championship. We got on a bus up thursday evening and arrived late. Friday was spent rehearsing and the spare time I had I spent walking around town and shopping. The weather was quite shit, but it didn’t matter much. When evening came it was time to play in the contest. We where quite content with our performance and after there was a great party.

Saturday I went to listen to some of the other bands before I headed out to a good friend’s house to celeberate an Olaf themed birthday! I had a great time catching up with the wonderful people.

After this it was time to gather the band to party and get the results. For my band the results came as very bad news. But we decided to have a good time at the party and catch up with people from other bands.

Sunday it was time to get back on the bus and drive home. Very tired after a long period of rehersals, concerts that ended in a weekend of playing, partying and meeting great people!

32 thoughts on “Weekend in Bergen

1. Better luck next time Maja ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

2. Sorry the weather was so uncooperative and your band didn’t win but it was good that you found ways to enjoy yourself anyway. I loved the Olaf cake. My ex-daughter-in-law loves anything Disney and I’m making her an Olaf quilt when the fabric arrives. You’d think she was 10 from the collection of Disney things. I made her pillow cases for her birthday. Glad you had fun anyway. Shopping helps everything. Have a wonderful week.

It was a busy, but lovely weekend. The best part og it was meeting up with friends from around the country. The little girl who got the Olaf cake was over the moon about it.

3. Nancy says:

So sorry for the bad news… but it looks like you had fun!
    The Olaf party looked like fun as well.

Phew, Maja! What a non-stop weekend! It’s amazing for you to just take part and then a chance to party and meet so many friends. Hope the weather improves – here we’re being battered by Storm Imogen!

5. Sorry it didn’t go so well for your band, but glad you’re so positive about having a good weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. C.E.Robinson says:

So sorry Maja that your band didn’t win. It sounds as if you managed to have fun anyway. Even with the bad weather. Next time! Elizabeth

7. Jon says:

Sorry you didn’t do better, but it still sounds like a great time.

8. Cheyanne says:

Looks like you had a great time!

9. Happy week at bergen !

10. Well, at least it was a great time! And the Olaf cake looks delicious.

11. I’m sorry the results weren’t what you were looking for. But glad you decided to have fun anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ Why not enjoy the music, food and friends.

12. progbeawr831 says:

Would love to hear your band! Brass instruments go well with Progressive rick quite nicely! Big music makes amazingly BIG sound! Maybe look in to hooking up with a local jazz fusion or rick band and see what great ideas you can collaborate on! : )

13. That is the best cake I think I have ever seen!

14. Looks like you still had a great time! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. clanton1934 says:

Dear Masgautsen, As you may know, since December 1, I am the sole editor/ publisher of INTERNATIONAL BLOGGING. I have had some guest hosts (see Jenifer Calver).
    Now, I am inviting you to represent Norway and be a GUEST HOST on International Blogging. I would suggest you have about 1000 words to post whatever you would like our readers to know about your writing. You should also have about 300 words for your bio. and 300 words about Norway.
    If you accept this invitation, e-mail me your acceptance to charlesclantonrogers@gmail.com
    Charles Rogers