Back to Ireland Part 2: Tuam and First Day of Work

Today I had my first day at the new job. I know that it is going to take some time to find out if I enjoy it or not, but first impressions are also important and everyone at the office was very welcoming and the group I’m going to work with seems like a group of very nice people. Looking forward to going back tomorrow to learn more!

Streets of Tuam

Streets of Tuam

Once again I had my base in the wonderful little town of Tuam. Visiting family and friends and enjoying the little town where you can enjoy some peace and quiet, but also go out to party, should you wish to. As I was there to charge batteries a full night on the town was not penciled in this time around, but I know from previous experience that the Irish sure know how to go to the pub!

The Palace - a lovely park to walk in

The Palace – a lovely park to walk in

After a nice breakfast with good friends, I decided to take advantage of the lovely sunny weather and went for a lovely walk in the nearby park called The Palace.

Colors of autumn

Colors of autumn

Beauty dies where litter lies

Beauty dies where litter lies

We had a lovely dinner at a great restaurant called Bia Bella, the food was really tasty and the atmosphere was great and I got to try some Irish craft beer. We ended up very happy and very full.

Bie Bella

Bia Bella

I was so full, in fact, that after the meal and the craft beer I had to limit myself to one pint of Guinness at the pub after because there was no more room left in my stomach! But I was very glad the next day that we decided to call it a relatively early night.

Irish Pale Ale

Irish Pale Ale

25 thoughts on “Back to Ireland Part 2: Tuam and First Day of Work

1. Sounds like a wonderful evening.

2. Glad you had a great trip. Good luck in the new gig! 😃

3. Karen says:

You had a truly enjoyable tip. 😀
    My husband presented me a bottle of O’Hara’s Irish Pale Ale when I got home. Until then I had only tasted the gorgeous O’Hara’s stout. Now I know O’Hara’s Irish Pale Ale as well.
    Good luck with your new job!

4. Liz says:

You seem to have enjoyed the evening. That’s what matters!

Great way to start off a new job!

6. It wonderful that you were able to rest and restore before starting the new job. That town looked like the perfect spot for it. It’s always hard to be the new kid on the block. I always hated the first week having to learn new names, pecking order, who is nice and who smiles but talks about you behind your back. After the first week of learning what’s expected, it will be clear sailing and you will totally enjoy it. I have a good blogging friend here that just got a new job in her company and is going through the same thing. I knew she would get her job too. You are both too nice to not get it.

That is such a nice thing to say! I hope your friend enjoys her new job as much as I enjoy mine. I have never minded being the new kid on the block, that usually work just fine for me. It’s worse when you’ve been there a while it you feel you haven’t learned enough and are letting people who have faith in you down. Hope all is well with you.

7. clanton1934 says:

Dear masgautsen, Did you receive my recent invitation to “International exchange?
    charlesclantonrogers@me.com

8. I’m glad to read your very first day went well at the new job! First impressions are important just like you said. And time will tell…

9. Beautiful pictures (especially the Irish Pale Ale–had some in June when I was in Ireland!!). Love hearing about your adventures!

10. All sounds good, Maja. I hope the new job is going well.

So glad things are Going well.