Sunday Trip and Mother ‘ s Day

Sunny Sunday by the Sea

The weather this weekend has been lovely. Just below freezing and sunny.  My dad and me got in the boat and went for a lovely, but cold boat ride in to our summer house today.

Our boats

It was a perfect day to air and de-dust the cushions, rugs, pillows and blankets. And I also found the time to go for a lovely walk in the sunshine.

Boat trip home

Today is Mother’s day here in Norway, so I am waiting for my Mum to come home so she can get a little present and I’m going to make a nice Sunday dinner. I hope she’ll enjoy.

Clear sea

31 thoughts on “Sunday Trip and Mother ‘ s Day

What a beautiful day! Wishing your mother and you a very special day and I’m sure she’ll enjoy being spoilt. 😀

2. itsathought2 says:

Wow. Norway has a different set of criteria for a “work outside on boats” day than Cincinnati does. It really needs to be 50F (10C) or higher for us to consider it working on boats weather. Now I feel like we are wusses.

It does look like a beautiful day though. I hope dinner is wonderful. 🙂

We didn’t work on the boat we just took it out for a spinn ☺ The temperature isn’t the most important thing as long as the sun shines. It really was a beautiful day.

3. We have Mother’s day in May when it’s warm. Today is Valentines day here. That view would be spectacular any day. Feels so peaceful. I’m sure you’ll have a lovely day.

4. It’s very pretty there. Nice photos.

5. C.E.Robinson says:

Beautiful day for celebrating Mother’s Day! Enjoy it! Your photos are lovel & peaceful! 💛 Elizabeth

6. jono says:

It looks like a beautiful day. What are you making for dinner?

How special to have some time with your dad. And then get to honor your mother too….. what a perfect day!

8. Nancy says:

What a beautiful day! And such a special day indeed! First with Dad then with Mom!

9. How fun! It’s so beautiful there. And I love that your Mother’s Day is on our Valentine’s Day. ❤

Thank you. It’s just this year that they are on the same day. Mother’s day is always on the second Sunday of February. The flower industry dosen’t like them being on the same date. They’d rather have two days with big sales 😉

10. progbeawr831 says:

Your photos are brilliant and capture the raw beauty of the scenery. Love how your pictures are innocent and serene

11. Anna says:

Great photos. You have such beautiful nature 🙂

I hope the entire day was lovely. What did you cook, by the way?