Frozen

Nice patterns in the frozen puddle

Found this frozen puddle on my walk on Sunday. Somehow the pattern that had formed reminded me of the painting “scream” by Norwegian artist Edvard Munch.

Frozen mini waterfall

I also liked how the water seems to have frozen on it’s way down to the ground.

Caution slippery

36 thoughts on “Frozen

1. Phil Taylor says:

Nice! Love the Edvard Munch reference. You aren’t in Norway by any chance are you?

2. Lovely pictures. Ice can be incredibly beautiful, despite the cold.

I love the sunlight glistening off the ice. Be careful now…

4. Jon says:

That puddle has Munch written all over it!

5. Very interesting puddle. 🙂 Funny what you can see in a puddle that’s frozen. Somehow, I thought you would have more snow this time of year. Is it normal for you to have so little? Guess I’m curious about the unseasonably warm weather everywhere this winter. Great photos.

We don’t get much snow down South West of Norway. When it snows it’s more sleet than snow and it doesn’t stay long. I prefer the cold crisp dry and sunny days of winter, like the one we had on Sunday!

6. Love photo of the Edvard Munch ice painting!

7. Beautiful! Your pictures look like some I’ve seen in contemplative photography books.

8. Kelly says:

Lovely pictures!

9. 1010parkplace says:

That’s really cold for running water to freeze like that. Brrrr… Brenda

10. Anna says:

I can see The Scream too. Maybe Munch saw that too once in a similar puddle and then got inspired to paint the scream paintings 🙂

11. Hi

Found you at Blogger Meet and Greet at Mostly Blogging.. it was an interesting article showing how to describe subtle things in an interesting manner.. hope to keep in touch…

Peter..

12. When I visit you here at your blog, I always know I will see beautiful photographs of Norway.