Harry and Paddy weekend

A photo of the tequila bar

This weekend has been very lovely. Friday was St. Patrick’s day and it’s also the anniversary for me and my man. We celebrated by eating at a resturant called ” The adventures of Harry Pepper, the telephone man, on his way to Mexico” Harry Pepper for short. The resturant has been around since 1986, just like me. And they serve great mexican/southern american food. They have a vast selection of tequila and lovely drinks, but we decided to stick to beer as we had planned to drink Guinness later on. I ordered the mixed fajitas and it was very tasty.

Mixed fajitas with beef, chicken and scampi

After the nice meal We headed to the nearest Irish pub, the Irishman to enjoy some beer and the St.Patrick’s day spirit. The place was packed and the live music was good so we got the spirit as we entered the door.

Saturday it was time to go to our summer house and start getting it ready for use, after the winter. It waited till we had all the pillows, carpets and such from the first floor out in the sunshine to air before it decided to start snowing a little.

Today we’re celebrating my brother’s birthday with relatives at my mother’s house. Good food and good company is a great day to end the week!

What have you been up to this weekend?

26 thoughts on “Harry and Paddy weekend

1. Glad you had a great weekend Maja and I hope the carpets etc didn’t become to wet with the snow! I met a friend for Saint Patrick’s Day, in my favourite local pub, the Railway Bell. There was free Irish stew on offer and I must confess to having eaten 2 bowls as it was extremely tasty! Enjoy your Sunday. All the best, Kevin

2. Mabel Kwong says:

Congrats on your anniversary and it sounds like such a great way to spend it πŸ™‚ Have a happy spring and summer. It’s autumn here in Australia, but there is still warm weather and it makes me happy πŸ™‚

3. Ritu says:

It’s been blissfully quiet this weekend!!!
    But happy anniversary !!!

4. noellekelly says:

That tequila bar looked amazing!! I spent Patrick’s Day betting and drinking in my local pub! It was great craic!

5. Happy anniversary! Sounds like a great weekend – no Guinness for me this St. Patrick’s Day but lots of prosecco, haha.

6. Happy Anniversary….and, I love the name of that restaurant (and I love Mexican food). Your photos are gorgeous, and I can imagine how great it feels to be transitioning into spring mode. I don’t drink, but I found it really fun to see how many people wore something to work that reflected St. Patrick’s day (my favorite was a shamrock necklace). Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Thank you. I like the name and food of the resturant too. There were a lot of good things things people wore for paddy’s day. I only had my shamrock earrings on.

7. We have a house full of company, and made corned beef on Friday. I washed mine down with a little Old Bushmills.

8. jono51 says:

What a fun and delicious weekend. We had a lovely Irish meal at home.

9. Tequila for St. Patricks day??? That would be living on the wild side;) Glad to see you stuck with the “good stuff.”

10. lilhiddentreasures says:

I love the name of the restaurant! It looks like a great way to start the weekend and Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

Fajitas for St. Patrick’s Day dinner? haha For some reason that caught my eye and I thought it was an interesting choice ( always a good choice but not in keeping with the St. Patrick’s Day theme) looks like you had a lovely evening though and in the end that’s the most important thing. Our local stores are always pushing the corned beef for the entire month of March as if the Irish don’t eat anything else! I recently saw a lovely story about the cuisine of Ireland and how they are becoming well-known how many other dishes.