Lazy weekend and the library

Cafe in the library

Cafe in the library

One of the things I tell myself at the beginning of every year that I’m going to make more time to do the things  I like. Those things include spending time with friends, eating good food, going for nice walks and reading books. This weekend I got to do just those things. Went out for a few drinks after a nice long walk and a lazy morning on saturday. Sunday we went for breakfast at the cafe that is in the same building as the library. I really like their breakfast and the atmosphere and I really like the library next to it.

Drinks and bread

Drinks and bread

Food!

Food!

As I have mentioned a few times before here and here the redecorated library is really nice and a very enjoyable place to spend some time. There was an article in the paper today saying that the amount of visitors after the redecoration and with the extended opening hours have increased significantly. The decline in borrowing from the library that has been happening over a few years has been turned into a small growth. To a book and culture lover like me this is really good news. Hopefully this will continue to rise.

After the food we went for a good walk by the sea. It was quite windy and rainy, but the fres air and the moving around was really good.

walk in the rain

walk in the rain

21 thoughts on “Lazy weekend and the library

1. The food looks good – is that square bacon?

2. masgautsen says:

The food was very nice, the sqares are not bacon they are a very nice ham 🙂 The bacon is the thing beside the ham.

3. misskutts says:

What a lovely read. Would sure like to have a nice ‘chiller’ holiday like that!

4. Sam Szpor says:

I love those places where we feel complete serenity. Makes you feel so appreciative.

5. Zambian Lady says:

You had a perfect weekend. Nothing beats time spent with friends and having a nice walk in fresh air. Libraries remind of my childhood when my friends and I spent endless hours reading story books.

I very much agree with you here! When I was a child going to the library and being allowed to pick a few books to bring home with you was something to look forward to. And I still have some of that same feeling when I go there today 🙂

6. dbp49 says:

Well, thank you for the invitation to your blog, and thank you for visiting mine. It certainly looks like you had a wonderful weekend, nice and peaceful, which is exactly the way I like mine to be. From what I can see of it, your country appears to be very beautiful, and I am going to have to see a lot more of it if possible. For now, however, I’ll let you go and I’ll be sure to pop back in and check out what you have happening in the future. Thanks again for the invitation.

Thank you for visiting my blog! This weekend really was wonderful , and having weekends like these really give you the fuel you need. I look forward to reading what is going on on your blog as well.

7. ninamishkin says:

Thank you so much for deciding to “follow.” I’m glad I came over to see what your own blog was all about. You certainly value the same things I do. (Except maybe fried ham.) I shall be back!

8. Hello again. I stopped by to thank you for following my blog and had another good read. I’ve never heard of any city putting a cafe in the library! Lots of bookstores do it and that’s where I spend most of my time. Bringing home books is one of my greatest pleasures. I tell people I use them to insulate the walls. Bookshelves line so many of mine and fabric the rest of them. Keeps the heat bill down. You’ve made me think about how I see my own new city. I’ll look at it with different eyes now.
    The breakfast was yummy looking. I love to go out to eat and always have a book with me just in case. Today I’ll have company for my meal. I’ll be back again.

I like eating both alone with a book and with good company. It’s really nice having a cafe in the library is very nice. Where I live we don’t have any bookstores with cafes, but we have a really nice library 🙂