Easter in Ireland 2016 Part 3: Dublin’s Fair City

Ha'Penny bridge

Today I went for a stroll around Dublin and enjoyed some sunshine and lovely weather.

Molly Malone

Walking past the statue of Molly Malone made me think of my old school days when we used to sing about her.

Bank of Ireland

There was many people out and quite a few tourist that was probably there for the 1916 centennial.

GPO

Outside the General Post Office the queues was so long I decided not to bother with them.

The Temple Bar

I wandered around Temple Bar, but decided to enjoy my beer somewhere else.
Det

30 thoughts on “Easter in Ireland 2016 Part 3: Dublin’s Fair City

1. koolaidmoms says:

This made me smile. When my son was little we used to sing “Molly Malone” to him every night. Then one day he started crying and asked us not to sing about the dead lady because it scared him. After that we couldn’t sing it anymore. Now that he is older we can laugh about it but it used to terrify him.

2. Looks like you had a lovely time. I don’t know the song Molly Malone but have heard of it.

3. I am curious now about Molly Malone!

4. ghostmmnc says:

Thanks for the photos! Lots to see in Dublin. We used to sing that song all the time. I didn’t really know who she was, but the song was fun to sing! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. ghostmmnc says:

Amazing there is a statue of Molly Malone there. Now, I have that song in my head! haha… All is good here, as spring is warming things up so we have the air conditioner on today. Hope things are going great for you, also! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. sepultura13 says:

“…Cockles and mussels, alive…alive-o!”
    I love the song about Molly Malone!
    ๐Ÿ˜€

How fun and what a wonderful way to spend Easter! Dublin looks like a charming city.

8. Love the statue of Molly Malone. Pinned it. I’d love to visit there some day.

9. elinwaldal says:

Beautiful pictures (I looked back at the previous two posts also), Ireland is definitely on my travel “bucket list.” Also I am glad your bag was found then delivered!

10. I love learning about other countries without having to leave home (US). Thanks for sharing your adventures. I loved all the statues and the walkway featured first. I am going to follow your blog. Thanks for liking mine.

11. Thank you for this vicarious vacation…I am not a traveller (regrettably) so it is wonderful to be able to see things through your eyes…your blog and posts are fantastic…a real gift…thank you for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

12. […] Easter in Ireland 2016 Part 3: Dublin’s Fair City […]