New Street Art in the Neighbourhood

Looked out the window when I came home and found out that there were a couple of guys making a new piece of street art on an ugly building just outside! I’m very pleased to have this outside my window instead of the eyesore that was there before!

20150830_170939

Street Art in the neighbourhood!

There are quite a few cool pieces of street art in Stavanger and we’re getting new ones all the time. Many of them are being made for the yearly Nuart festival that is held here. Where you among other things can take a guided tour of the street art of Stavanger.

Another cool piece of Stavanger Street Art!

Another cool piece of Stavanger Street Art!

49 thoughts on “New Street Art in the Neighbourhood

1. Jon says:

A good reason to go to Stavanger the next time I am over there. I also want to hike up to Preikestolen, also, but I need to get in a little better shape first.

2. I love street art. Both of those are amazing!

3. How fun! Back when I lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico (they weren’t street art but..) there were several downtown buildings that were painted with brightly colored murals. I thought they were wonderful. Hugs!

4. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    Look what Maja found today ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

5. C.E.Robinson says:

Maja, really nice view from your window. I love street art. My granddaughter took some photos from the DUMBO area in NYC. Awesome street art there! Chryssa (aka Christine)

6. BunKaryudo says:

Oh, won’t somebody help that poor child?

7. Very cool. I wish people over here would adapt some of that style.

8. I love graffiti art! Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

9. Look at that! How cool is it?

10. Zambian Lady says:

Those are very nice murals, especially the one with the chairs. It is really life-like. The murals are a sight for sore eyes.

Art truly is in the eyes of the beholder! My mother used to say isn’t it wonderful that we don’t all like the same thing? Art gives us an opportunity to view a variety of media and techniques. in different ways.
    We all have our own view on what is beautiful! Isn’t it great?

12. I love seeing what the artist come up with. The are so ingenious. It’s certainly better than all the graffiti we see on buildings.

13. Looks really good. I love street art but it’s often frowned upon in England

14. […] to look at the new street art. Photo from my […]

15. clanton1934 says:

Welcome, Norway! Hello, ‘Im euphoric to meet you. Thank you for your Like. I am retired but relish all Art in images, poetry, essays, music, etc. One of my posts is “Let’s play Geography where I ask Bloggers from around the World to check in. I have a lot of Swedens, but you, Norway, are now Country # 21.
    Charles

16. clanton1934 says:

You absolutely “stuck-the-landing” Welcome Norway as #21 c.