Great Weekend and Ireland Again!

This extended weekend I’ve had after my last day at work, has been really good. Thursday we went for dinner at my parents and started the long overdue process of defrosting the freezer. Friday I treated myself to a massage and after that we headed for the summer-house to fix a little problem with the roof so that it will stay dry inside for the winter. We stayed till yesterday evening and enjoyed the lovely autumn weather we were getting.

Lovely October morning!

Lovely October morning!

And since I decided to have some time off to regroup between jobs, I found the time to go for a quick visit to Ireland! I’m leaving Tuesday morning and will go back saturday morning to get ready for work the following monday. But a short visit is much better than no visit.

If you’re wondering what I get up to in Ireland here is some clues from my trip last autumn:

Autumn in Ireland part 1

Autumn in Ireland part 2: Tuam

Autumn in Ireland part 3: Headford

Autumn in Ireland part 4: Knock and County Mayo

My first time in Ireland outside of Dublin last summer is recapped in the four posts Holiday in Ireland:

Holiday to Ireland Part 1: Galway

Holiday to Ireland part 2: Tuam

Holiday to Ireland part 3: Dublin

And last, but not least I visited Ireland earlier this year as well Easter in Ireland:

Easter in Ireland Part 1

Easter in Ireland Part 2: Tuam and Oranmore

Easter in Ireland Part 3: Galway

Easter in Ireland Part 4: Castle Hacket and Lough Corrib

41 thoughts on “Great Weekend and Ireland Again!

1. Have fun hope it doesn’t rain too much

2. Karen says:

Enjoy every moment for me, please. The thought of having no opportunity to return until beginning of March is so sad.
    Looking forward to some photos. ๐Ÿ˜€

3. What a stunning view! Is that the view from the summer house?
    I was having a moment of “lull” (I think I used up the caffeine from my coffee), but your enthusiasm is contagious! Thanks for a delightful post. Hugs.

4. Safe travels to you. I’ve never been to Ireland but hope to sometime. Enjoy the time off before the new job. Pretty exciting week coming up for you.

Thank you! I have a very exciting time ahead! Hope the week will bring a lot of good things for you too.

• Same with me! Never been though I did make it to a few parts of Wales back in the 80’s. That was very important for me as my dad is Welsh (in part). His last name? Thomas. OMG! When I look in the phonebook in Mythr Tidvil (sp), there were thousands of Thomases! I couldn’t believe it.
      My husband played with a group for several years that played a combination of Celtic and Americana. He says he called me back to him (we had met 10 years earlier) when he composed and played a song called “Welsh Prayer.”
      Anyway, I digress (as usual). I am hoping we will travel together to Ireland, Scotland and Wales someday.
      I have always felt an affinity for the Irish. Can’t wait to figure out why.
      Peace,
      Sherrie
      Sherrie Miranda’s historically based, coming of age, Adventure novel โ€œSecrets & Lies in El Salvadorโ€ is about an American girl in war-torn El Salvador:
      Her husband made a video for her novel. He wrote the song too:

The sun is shining here too, an amazing autumn day which we spent mostly at the sea-side. Beautiful. Hope all is ok with the summer house, it’s important all is sorted for the cold winter to come!

6. Holy smokes! Looks like I have some catching up to do with all those weblinks to Ireland. Wish I could go. Safe journey!

7. I’m laughing because l get the strong impression you really, really like Ireland.:))) I have always wanted to visit there too. You make it more enticing. I hope you have a great time and get fully restored before your first day on a new job.

8. I love getting massages! Lucky you!

9. Helen Jones says:

Have fun in Ireland! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Have a great time, Maja!

11. Ireland. I am envious. I was told by a friend in Germany that for her, visiting the different surrounding countries is similar to Americans visiting their neighboring states, but having visited my neighboring states and having visited other countries, I can honestly say, it is not the same thing. Enjoy your travels and take lots of pictures.

12. mahjabeen says:

WOW!!! It looks so beautiful!!!
    nice blog by the way :)!!!
    bye for now!!!:D
    mahjabeen

13. C.E. says:

Oh gosh I love massages! I get so inspired by them ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you are enjoying Ireland! It is still on my bucket list ๐Ÿ™‚